What is so great about email marketing? Will it get people to watch my video?
Here is why emails should be a part of your video marketing plan..
- 66% of consumers have made a purchase online as a result of an email marketing message. (Direct Marketing Association)
- Consumers are more likely to forward an email to their friends if it includes a video. (EConsultancy)
- People who buy products marketed through email spend 138% more money than people that don’t receive an email offer. (Convince and Convert)
- The inclusion of video in emails has been reported to double or triple CTR. (Marketing Profs)
- 91% of consumers check their email daily. (Exact Target)
Just in case you weren’t convinced yet, don’t forget that email marketing is practically free. The nature of its usage allows it to be easily measurable, and reaches your company’s exact consumers.
So now that you are convinced, where should you start?
- Pick an email blast service. Some of our favorites are: Constant Contact, MailChimp and iContact.
- Schedule consistent sending times. Send a minimum of one per month, but a maximum of one per week.
- Make your email blast mobile friendly.
- Create short, informative information that your consumers want to know.
- Embed the video at the top with a short lead.
- After sending, wait two days and see how the email performed and adjust accordingly.